Current:Home > ContactRekubit-Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co -Zenith Investment School
Rekubit-Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-06 10:18:12
Paula Abdul and RekubitNigel Lythgoe have settled their lawsuit a year after the allegations sent shockwaves through the dance industry.
On Thursday, the "Straight Up" singer filed a notice of settlement for the lawsuit against her fellow former “So You Think You Can Dance” judge Lythgoe, which included allegations of sexual assault and harassment. The terms of the settlement are unknown.
On Dec. 29 of last year, Abdul filed a lawsuit against the former “American Idol” executive producer, alleging that he sexually assaulted her during one of the “initial seasons” of "Idol" — on which she served as a judge for eight seasons starting in 2002 — and again in 2014 when she was judging "SYTYCD."
“I am grateful that this chapter has successfully come to a close and is now something I can now put behind me,” Abdul said in a statement provided to CNN and CBS News.
Abdul continued: "This has been a long and hard-fought personal battle. I hope my experience can serve to inspire other women, facing similar struggles, to overcome their own challenges with dignity and respect, so that they too can turn the page and begin a new chapter of their lives.”
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
USA TODAY has reached out to reps for Abdul and Lythgoe for comment.
Nigel Lythgoe is leaving Fox's'So You Think You Can Dance' amid sexual assault lawsuits
Other allegations against Lythgoe
Days after Abdul filed her lawsuit, two contestants who appeared on the 2003 ABC talent competition show "All American Girl" accused Lythgoe of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and negligence stemming from an alleged attack in May of that year. They filed anonymously, using the names Jane Doe K.G. and Jane Doe K.N.
Lythgoe worked on 'American Idol', 'SYTYCD'
Lythgoe produced “Idol” from 2002 to 2014 and "SYTYCD" from 2005-14.
He was a "SYTYCD" judge from its inception in 2005, but stepped back from the "SYTYCD" judging panel in January, telling USA TODAY in a statement at the time that he "informed the producers of ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ of my decision to step back from participating in this year’s series."
Contributing: KiMi Robinson
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (662)
Related
- Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
- Shania Twain to Host the 2024 People's Choice Country Awards
- Yosemite Park officials scold visitors about dirty habit that's 'all too familiar'
- Ammo vending machines offer 24/7 access to bullets at some U.S. grocery stores
- Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
- Archeologists discover a well-preserved Roman statue in an ancient sewer in Bulgaria
- 1-year-old found alive in Louisiana ditch a day after 4-year-old brother was found dead
- Jürgen Klopp not interested in USMNT job. What now? TV analysts weigh in
- The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
- AT&T 2022 security breach hits nearly all cellular customers and landline accounts with contact
Ranking
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Mother of the ‘miracle baby’ found crawling by a highway faces a murder charge in older son’s death
- National safety regulator proposes new standards for vehicle seats as many say current rules put kids at risk
- Jon Stewart says Biden is 'becoming Trumpian' amid debate fallout: 'Disappointed'
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Remains of U.S. airman whose bomber was shot down in World War II identified 81 years later
- Arrest Made in Cold Case Murder of Teenager Elena Lasswell 20 Years Later
- Asia’s richest man Mukesh Ambani is set to throw a grand wedding for his son. Here’s what to know
Recommendation
Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
Helicopter carrying 3 people crashes in the ocean off the Hawaiian island of Kauai
ESPYS 2024 Red Carpet Fashion: See Every Look as the Stars Arrive
BMW to recall over 394,000 vehicles over airbag concern that could cause injury, death
Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
Owner offers reward after video captures thieves stealing $2 million in baseball cards
Tour de France standings, results: Biniam Girmay sprints to Stage 12 victory
North Carolina governor commutes 4 sentences, pardons 4 others